Plastic blood collection tube filled with 2.5ml fluoride/oxalate, intended for blood samples. Fluorides and oxalates are regarded as relatively weak anticoagulants that are added to preserve blood glucose. They function to inhibit enolase enzyme and thereby prevent glycolysis. Application areas are lactate, glucose level and glycosylated hemoglobin.
The pink screw cap polypropylene tube will allow 2.5ml volume of blood to be collected. This tube is fitted with a rigid screw cap to provide a leak free specimen and it is available with or without a label. The tube is CE marked in accordance with EU directive 98/79/EC and is tested to ISO 6710:2017, it is a single-use container for human venous blood specimen collection. The tube cap is colour coded for standard compliance and ease of recognition.
- Tube Type: Blood Collection Tube
- Preparation Type: Fluoride/Oxalate (ISO 6710:2017)
- Sample Volume: 2.5ml
- Cap Type: Screw Cap
- Cap Colour: Yellow
- Pierceable: No
- Base: Skirted Conical Base
- Product Material: Polypropylene
- Product Colour: Transparent
- Label Type: Paper (with or without label available)